Type Design in India has not been a sought-out career in spite of its diverse regional languages. Although India, as we know is a creative hub for many talented designers, the awareness around design; specifically, typeface design is still at its nascent stage. Thus, buying typefaces is not a standard practise. It is important to be aware that all fonts are licensed like another softwares you buy. Telugu type foundry is a research and development lab specifically set up by Shashi Guduru to enhance the regional language of Telugu from a Type Design perspective. Keeping this in mind we strongly urge you to purchase fonts from Telugu Type Foundry for the following reasons.
1. Quality: The choice of free fonts is limited in Telugu scripts. Free fonts usually have limited weight and style options and missing glyphs which effect the readability and thus the quality itself. We at Telugu type Foundry make sure that every character is carefully crafted with passion and empathy.
2. Support and Service: Buying fonts from us is like buying another product. We will provide you with any kind of support and service in case of any issues.
3. Encouragement: Purchasing from Telugu Type Foundry is treated as an investment. Designing a good Telugu font takes anywhere between 3 to 6 months depending on the complexity of characters and the details one is looking into. It takes an immense amount of research, design and execution. Hence it encourages us to design and develop not only quality but also in the production of a variety of Telugu fonts which our society is in grave need of.
We strive towards enhancing our society through good typeface design.
We use PayPal as our payment gateway. All customers can pay via PayPal.
All prices in Indian Rupees (INR)
Please write to us for price of: Corporate licensing, Broadcast licensing or any other custom requirements.
Once purchased/downloaded cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. As a general policy, Telugu Type Foundry orders are non-refundable.
In case of any technical defect in the fonts, updated fonts may be provided if notified within a week’s time of purchasing the fonts. In the case of any problem with the order, the customer should notify us within 24 hrs of purchase for us to be able to resolve the issue.
When you “buy a font” from Telugu Type Foundry you purchase a license to use the font for a specific purpose and for a specific set of users. When you purchase a font for a specific license, you agree to (and are legally bound) to use the font according to the terms and conditions mentioned in the EULA (End-User License Agreement), that you receive along with the font.
At present Telugu Type Foundry offer fonts under the following licences.
• E-MAGAZINE LICENCE The license includes the right to use and embed the fonts in multiple issues of one E-magazine title for a Period of 1 year.
• PRINT/DESKTOP LICENSE The print license allows the user to use the fonts for any print media, or as an image in the digital media.
• E-BOOK LICENSE This license includes the right to use and embed the fonts in one E-Book title.
• BROADCAST LICENSE If the fonts are required to be used for titling, credits or other text for any onscreen broadcast for a television channel, video or motion picture, a separate broadcast licence needs to be purchased from Telugu Type Foundry.
• APP EMBEDDING LICENSE This license includes the right to use and embed the fonts in one application which may be available for use across various mobile / handheld and / or any such platforms for a period of 2 years.
• CORPORATE LICENSE This license includes the right to install and use the fonts on unlimited systems at various locations of a company/ corporation. If you wish to purchase a corporate license, do get in touch.
• SELF HOSTING LICENSE This license includes the right to host the fonts on a web server and use the fonts for a single domain for a period of 2 years.
• CUSTOM REQUIREMENTIf your requirement does not fall within the limits of the above mentioned licenses or if you wish to customise any of our typefaces as per your specific requirements or if you want us to develop a completely new typeface for you do get in touch with us
• 1. LICENSE The Fonts have been licensed by Telugu Type to the Authorised User for its use. The license includes the right to install and use the Fonts on one portable device i.e. laptop / notebook or on one workstation / PC at a single location. These machines are permitted to be connected to various output devices such as printers, film recorders etc. Downloading of the Fonts to the memory of an output device is permitted on a temporary basis. In the event more than a single user wishes to use the Fonts, a multiple user license can be purchased from Telugu Type Foundry.
• 2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS Telugu Type Foundry shall remain the worldwide, sole and exclusive owner of all the intellectual property rights, title and interest in the Font in perpetuity. Telugu Type is the sole, exclusive distributor of the font. The Authorised User shall only have a non-exclusive right to use the Font. Telugu Type Foundry shall be the sole and exclusive owner of its copyright, trademarks, trade names, brand, logo, creative, designs and all other intellectual property associated with the Font.
• 3. OWNERSHIP OF WORK PRODUCT The designer / user shall be the owners of the intellectual property rights of the designs / artworks created by using the Font for any purpose whatsoever.
• 4. MODIFICATIONS The Authorised User SHALL NOT himself and / or permit any third party / person / entity to copy, adapt, modify, enhance, disassemble, decompile, edit, correct, morph, destroy, tamper, mutilate, add any functionality or alter in any manner, the Font which would result in the development of a completely new font than the Font delivered to the Authorised User.
• 5. ASSIGNMENT Selling, leasing, renting, sub-licensing, lending or dealing with the Font in any manner SHALL NOT be permitted for personal or business purposes.
• 6. THIRD PARTY USE In the event the Font is required to be used by branding agencies, clients and/or any third party/ person/ entity engaged in the development of any content for the Authorised User, they shall have to obtain a separate license from Telugu Type Foundry to use the Font.
• 7. EMBEDDING AND BROADCASTING The Authorised User shall be permitted to embed the Font in PDF format in a secured, read-only mode and shall ensure that extraction of the Font from such documents is disabled. If the Font has to be embedded in an e-book, e-magazine, mobile application or web hosting, then the user shall have to obtain a separate license from Telugu Type Foundry .
• 8. TERMINATION Any breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be considered a valid cause for the termination of this Agreement. On termination, the Authorised User shall immediately return all copies of the Font to Telugu Type Foundry and submit an undertaking that it has no more copies in its possession.
• 9. WARRANTIES Telugu Type Foundry makes no warranties, express or implied for the compatibility or suitability of the Font for any purpose whatsoever and shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including damages arising from loss of profits arising out of the inability to use the Font for a particular purpose and Telugu Type Foundry shall under no circumstances offer any refund for the Font purchased. The fonts have been developed to be complaint with Unicode standards. Telugu type Foundry does not provide any warranties regarding the use of the font in any software, which does not support Unicode.
• 10. GOVERNING LAW This Agreement (and any dispute or claim relating to it, its enforceability or its termination) is to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The competent Courts/Tribunals at Hyderabad shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Delivery: Fonts will be delivered to you within a few minutes of your purchase.
Installation: Follow these steps to install our fonts:
1) Once the file has downloaded you must first unzip the file.
2) Next locate .otf file
3) Double click on the file.
4) Click ‘Install’ to install the font
5) Open up your relevant software and you will be able to play around with our font.
We’d love to hear from you. Report any bugs and issues you might face. We read each and every mail and treat all user feedback with almost attention to work towards designing better typefaces.
Do write to us if you love our fonts. We at Telugu type are curious to see how our fonts have been put to use.
Feel free to suggest or request any font styles you want us to come up with.Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org